ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What do they want?

Sebastian (and others) are thinking about the 'common ground' thing, and noticing that there pretty much isn't any:

I’ve been thinking more lately about common ground in this debate, and why there’s none to be found. Chiefly I’ve been thinking about an idea that would, in theory, address a lot of concerns on both sides. But this, like many other ideas I’ve had, can probably be filed under politically infeasible. I’ve wondered why we don’t, instead of continually fighting over turning the ratchet up on down on who or who isn’t a prohibited person, we compromise, and put a bit more faith in social pressure instead of law?

And there's much more.

First, I think Uncle has it down cold that sometimes the best thing to do is tell anti-gunners to "fuck right off". Word.

Second, has anyone in the anti-gun movement (who agrees to say anything at all) been asked 'What is your end game? At what point will you go away?'

No magazines over 5 rounds? No semi-auto handguns? No military-pattern rifles? No semi-auto rifles?

No firearms at all?

I'm perfectly happy to tell anyone who wants to know how far I want things to go - no restrictions of any kind. None.

And until I know how far the anti-gun forces want to go, there can't be any common ground.

pm

No comments: