Ambulance Driver is spearheading a drive to raise money for prostate cancer research through the Kilted to Kick Cancer campaign. Here are some facts about prostate cancer:
- About 240,890 new cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed in 2011.
- About 33,720 men will die of prostate cancer in 2011.
- About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
- More than 2 million men in the United States who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today.
- Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind only lung cancer.
- About 1 man in 36 will die of prostate cancer.
Now, part of this campaign is for those involved to wear kilts and to post pictures on their blogs to raise awareness. I'm working on that, and the campaign runs through the month of September.
Until then, please consider donating.