ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's time ....

... that the CIC do something about shit like this:

"Commanders and leaders inquire about access to weapons as part of the health and welfare inspection. This is in accordance with Army Regulation 600-20, Army Command Policy dated March 18, 2008," he said.

But a soldier on base who contacted WND regarding the demand for information about off-base weapons said that's not the way it was presented to soldiers.

"At the end of the day formation … we were all required to state whether we owned a firearm. Then those that owned firearms were required to have their names put on a watch list that included registration status of the firearms and where the firearms were kept," wrote the soldier, who asked for anonymity to avoid retaliation.

"The list included those … who live off post in privately owned homes," the soldier confirmed.

Oh, that's right ... this CIC won't lift a finger to help 2A issues.

Now, I've had my own run-ins about military policies in the past. When the military started cataloguing DNA profiles on service members, I had concerns. I brought these concerns to my CO, and he explained it to me, telling me the 'carrot' before he mentioned the 'stick'.

But regarding this ... someone needs to tell the base commander that service members won't be telling anyone about what weapopns they own in off-base housing.

And in my opinion, a higher-level enlisted man (E7 or above) needs to tell the base CO that no information about his weapons will be forthcoming, and if he wants to start court martial proceedings, then bring it.

'Cause I know I would.

pm


No comments: