ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Does the NRA really want to help?

So here's the deal. All kinds of crap flowing about the Tiarht amendment that 'caused' the Ft Hood shootings, or 'prevented' the FBI from properly investigating that goat fucker Maj Hasan, or any number of OMG scenarios that allowed a suspected terrorist to buy a firearm. !!eleventy1!! I and many other bloggers have detailed the fallacies to the arguments.

Anyway, I noticed in a Christian Science Monitor piece about the Ear Worm Bloomberg that Rep Pete King (R-NY) seems to support Bloomberg's contentions about letting terrorists buy guns (!!1eleventy!1!!), and I noticed that Rep King is the ranking member of the Committee on Homeland Security.

So I thought to myself, how is the best way to communicate with Rep King about this while being not his constituent? I could contact a rep on the committee who is from my state (GA, but not my rep), or I could contact my rep and have him talk to the other GA rep to have him talk to Rep King (which might take care of three birds with a single stone), but I thought that to be too uncertain.

So I tried to find out what Rep King's NRA rating is, and I found out - it's a members' only area! WTF?!

I can find out a Gun Owners of America rating without being a member, why not the NRA?

Because they suck, and they don't really care about all firearm owners, just the ones whose fights the NRA thinks they can win.

Sad, really ... the premiere gun rights' organization isn't really doing anything but raking in more money with which to raise more money.

If I were the NRA, as soon as I saw such crap in print from Rep King, I'd be visiting his office, explaining things to him. And if I can set out a convincing case on why the Tiarht amendment didn't cause or prevent anything, shouldn't the NRA be able to do better?

This is reason #213 why I'll not be joining the NRA.

pm

No comments: