ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Friday, September 11, 2009

Showdown brewing for the NRA?

I'll not hide my disdain for the NRA, a position that flumoxes some people. I regard the NRA as the height of pragmatist' activism, not the staunch 2nd amendment protectors they claim to be. Witness the passage of the Hughes amendment to the GCA of 1968, which stopped the further construction and ownership of full-auto weapons. In 1986, I was personally considering the conversion of my CAR-15 into a select-fire weapon, but due to my impending entrance into the Marine Corps, I did not (and it was going to be very reasonable in cost, too). The Hiughes amendment stopped all of that. The NRA allowed the Hughes amendment to pass, because the Hughes amendment was acceptable to them.

But it wasn't acceptable to me. The NRA fucked me ....... not just the other guy.

Me.

So whenever I see a situation where the NRA might be inconvenienced, I giggle a little inside. Note that the NRA has the potential of endorsing a 'B'-rated politician over an 'A'-rated politician.

I can't wait .

pm

No comments: