ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another justice rant

I've been reading more about Chelsea King's murder, and found that the suspect had a sentence imposed previously that was in contradiction to a psychiatrist's warning, and in his criminal history:
Prosecutors said in 2000 that Gardner's lack of significant prior criminal record justified less than the maximum sentence for molesting a 13-year-old girl.

This brings up one of my pet peeves. In my world, the punishment for X should be Y, not a range of A to D. John Gardner's (the suspect) lack of previous criminal convictions should have absolutely nothing to do with how he's sentenced in a discrete action. One of the biggest jokes I know of is the line 'Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.' ....... we should add at the end 'unless you have a really good attorney or know someone.'

I need to stop thinking about this .....

pm

No comments: