ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A rifleman ...

.
... is born:

Appleseed is a lot of work. You’re going to spend a lot of time on the firing line, shooting at some pretty small targets. The concentration necessary to do well is pretty wearing, but in the end, it will be worth it.

The descriptions I've heard about Appleseed sound like it's very much like when I was at Parris Island in '86. Roughly a week of snapping-in (dry fire in positions), then a week of live fire, with pre-qual day on Thursday (in case we get rained out on Fri) and qualification on Friday.

Ah, those were the days ...

Bob got his rifleman's badge as well.

pm

1 comment:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

Thanks for the link. It was a lot of fun. I've never been able to shoot that well before. I guess that when you listen to the instructions, you get better. My drill sergeant would be surprised.