ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, March 12, 2012

I've got to admit ...

.
... I just don't get it.

The AR-15 platform is a good design (just like the AK is); it's reasonably accurate, it's reasonably light and it lends itself to customization well.

And as good a weapon system as it is, I just don't understand the fascination with AR builds.

The latest is a Home-defense AR build, by Shooting Illustrated. I'm not sure what the difference between a home-defense build and a tactical build is, but it looks like a standard build to me.

Now I can see putting different parts into an AR for a special use rifle; better triggers for a match or tactical gun, or better barrels and such. But I just can't see that the AR is magical.

pm

No comments: