ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Friday, July 30, 2010

Whiners among us

I sincerely hope this officer loses:

Morris County is seeking to dismiss a lawsuit filed by a sheriff’s officer who claims she was discriminated against when she was required to fire a gun while pregnant.

In her suit, Detective Sgt. Moire Reilly, now 35, said her physician told her "the discharge of a firearm during her pregnancy posed a significant risk of harm to (her) unborn child."


Poor, poor highly-paid whiner .... I think I'm gonna be sick. But there's more:

the sheriff’s department tried to help Reilly take part in the qualifying procedure by offering to let her fire her weapon outdoors to reduce noise levels; fire her weapon alone to cut noise; use a soft-body armor to reduce the impact of noise and have the weapon cleaned by someone else.

Carmagnola said Reilly refused all these accommodations.

Now, in my life, I've been discriminated against, including an action against a former employer with regards to my military service.* But if you'll read the whole article, you'll see that this woman is really being unreasonable.

And I think the police department needs to out Mr Doctor on the witness stand to find out if he's actually got evidence or if he's parroting some anti-gun party line.

pm

*I lost - so much for federal law.

No comments: