ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, July 12, 2010

Tazers are NOT non-lethal

Just ask Phillis Owens .... oh wait .... you can't, 'cause she's dead:

Owens died after taking a hit from a deputy's stun gun. At the time, she was reaching to again pick up a handgun she had put down earlier during tense negotiations with Clackamas County sheriff's deputies.

I'm not sure that I blame officers so much for this one .... what I will fault is the general protocol of officers.

I'm an Andy Griffith kind of guy, but then, I've lived in smaller towns all my life. The sheriff grew up with residents, as did his deputies. So it evades my understanding that law enforcement sees a gun, and assumes 'bad guy' (and yes, I understand officer safety and all of that).

An 87 year old woman, upset because someone is operating a backhoe in her yard, and no one tries to talk to her?

It just makes me shake my head .......

pm

No comments: