ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who is your friend?

Here's a post by Mike at Sispey Street, that I think we should all read:

But first and foremost you must quit looking at and treating the law-abiding armed citizenry of the United States as the enemy. For if you don’t, we certainly will be.

Obviously, I pulled this quote out because it's a bit incendiary ...... read the post to see how we get there.

Not to belabor the points, I happen to be pessimistic about where the country's going - financially and politically. If you get your news from the MSM, then your head is most likely in the sand about the financial part.

But I don't get my news from the MSM, I get my news from alternative sources, and what I see scares me. The financial situation, I believe, is much worse than anyone will admit (because they think they can fix it, eventually), and the political view is even worse. Now, I'm pretty sure I'll be ok in the long term, but the short term is the problem.

The things that Mike points out in his post are things that a certain segment of the population is thinking hard about, and preparing for. This segment is not crazy. Much like most individuals who carry a firearm for self-defense, they are merely being pragmatic about what they perceive as the reality of the day, and the potential it holds. Far from crazy, they are thoughtful, purposeful, and willing to act.

These individuals believe that some sort of conflict is likely in the foreseeable future, but they are committed not to be the catalyst (because they have a constrained view).

No Ft Sumpter's. That's the commitment not to act.

No more free Waco's. That's the commitment to act.

It's more of a promise than a threat, and it's conditional on another's action - if you don't start none, won't be none.

But if you do start something, be prepared for the consequences, for you will reap what you've sown.

pm

No comments: