ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Friday, February 5, 2010

This is one way ....

I saw this on 2 or 3 blogs yesterday, but it's a missive on how badly the drug war/police/justice system is today:

Last week I was a juror in the trial of a man accused of selling a $10 bag of heroin to an undercover police officer. At the end of the two days of testimony, I concluded that the defendant was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I also concluded that he should be acquitted. In my mind, it came down to a simple, unsettling question: Is it worse to let a drug dealer go free, or to reward the police for lying under oath?

The case turned out almost perfectly; hung jury, and the prosecutor declined to refile charges.

And it's interesting that most judges these days won't let anyone even mention jury nullification; it's the best way to get out of the pool.

pm

No comments: