ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Friday, January 10, 2014

I'll never understand ...

.
... the mind of the anti-gun.

I was party to, recently, a Facebook discussion in which a friend of mine (whom I went to high school with) mentioned that her dear husband got her two new pairs of boots and a Ruger for Christmas. Of course, the discussion veered quickly towards the Ruger; what kind was it? what caliber? have you shot it yet?! I asked if it (SR22) had the threaded barrel so she could join the dark side and get a suppressor.

Then, out of the blue, another friend (whom I also went to high school with) piped up that she didn't even know what a Ruger was prior to that discussion, and that she hoped that the pistol owner wouldn't take it to any bars.

What. The. Fuck?

Now, both of my friends live in the same town in TN (they're close to Oleg) and they're much closer to one another than I am. It's possible that the one friend has knowledge that the other is disposed to carrying a firearm into bars (I have no such knowledge). And it might have been a familiarity comment, said in jest. But really ... where did that come from?

Putting aside the fact that TN allows holders of a carry permit to carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol (if they aren't partaking), why is the gut reatcion that a firearm owner will automatically do bad things just because they have a gun? Don't answer; I already know why.

My pistol-packing friend, as far as I can remember, is a responsible, rational human being. She's married, has a great job and has never been in trouble with the law. If she decided that she wanted to carry a firearm for protection I have no reason to doubt that she would seek the proper training and permits and that if she was going to carry into an alcohol establishment she would refrain from drinking.

I guess it's a function of the liberal thought that any freedom will be abused and must be contained.

pm

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Your last sentence says it all, and is DEFINITELY their mindset...

Goldfields Tattoo Studio said...

Hello nice post.