ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

One of the best things ...

.
... I've heard regarding woodworking.

'Measuring is the enemy of precision.' - Chris Schwartz on the WoodWrights' Shop

Don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I'm an amateur woodhacker. I've not done much of anything in my life, but I aspire to, one day. My grandfather was an avid woodworker, specializing in his later life on grandfather clocks (he primarily worked in walnut ... his favorite).

And being an anal process freak, I enjoy the Woodwrights' Shop. Not that I'm averse to using power equipment, I just enjoy the process of working wood.

I'm in the process of building a Roubo book stand (of some nice curly maple) for my dad and his new bride for Christmas, and I need to construct a router plane to use when I attempt to build my daughter a 3/4-sized Les Paul (take that, Robb!) and yes, it will have a carved top using the templates that Scott so graciously developed for the luthier community (if you're into it, check out his LP builds ... they're things of beauty).

Anyhoo, I just thought that someone, comewhere might be interseted in what I find amusing!

pm

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

LOL, good hobby and you DO have something when you're done that will last a lifetime (or three)!!!