ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Sunday, September 11, 2011

What I was doing

On Sept 11, 2001, I was employed by a heavy equipment company that had a rental division. I drove one of their delivery trucks. At the time, I had just delivered a 34' electric boom lift to a customer and was just getting back into the truck, when the local talk radio guys said that they had gotten reports of a plane crashing into one of the World Trade Center towers. The scant information they had was that it was a small plane. It wasn't even two minutes later that they had ABC news pre-empting all of their programming and we knew then that it was a deliberate act.

I got back to the shop just in time to see the second jet impact into the other tower. We were all in shock.

Several of us working there are military types, and the only response we could imagine was nuclear; I sometimes wonder if we should have used nukes.

pm

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Don't disagree at all... Smokin holes DO tend to get people's attention...