ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Here's a tip ...

... the MB/MFM will never paint us in a good light:

"It happened a month ago, so understandable that Sen. Lori Klein has a different recollection of the incident than I do," Ruelas wrote on Twitter Monday night.

Different recollection my ass ...

Sen Klein remembers it differently:

I was asked to show the reporter my weapon so that they could take pictures of it. I ensured that the chamber was clear before displaying the weapon. That is basic gun safety and something that I do instinctively, just like virtually every gun owner.
A transcript shows that she did point her laser (and her handgun) at the reporters chest.

So know we can assume that (combining the two accounts) Sen Klein drew her handgun from her holster, cleared it of ammunition, and demonstrated the laser on the reporters chest (I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing since I think that most, if not all, reporters deserve it). She claims that at no time did she have her booger hook on the bang switch.

Did she violate one of the 4 Rules? Yes. But the 4 Rules are designed so that you must violate 2 rules before there is imminent danger of injury.

Did she do her best considering the situation? Yes.

Now, let's gaze into our crystal balls and imagine the headlines if she had refused to show reporters her handgun:

"Gun-toting senator carries pink man-killer". Oh, not believable? How 'bout this one:

"Gun-toting senator suddenly coy about carrying firearm". And I'm not even that imaginative.

And the story could say something like "The senator declined to show us her gun citing safety concerns" which might lead one to believe that maybe her handgun wasn't safe (or maybe the reporter points the reader in that direction).

This reminds me of nothing so much as the zero-defects crowd carping about some gun babes having pictures taken with their fingers on the trigger.http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2011/07/12/bozo/trackback/

No one is perfect ... we know that. We have firearms safety rules that we try to follow religiously so that we can be as safe as we can with dangerous items in imperfect situations.

But what I've not seen yet is anyone advancing any hints on how we could do better in the senators' shoes.

pm

No comments: