ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, November 15, 2010

This has really gotten my goat

A buddy of mine recently asked me if I'd seen a Bushmaster ACR rifle yet; I replied that I hadn't, and wasn't likely to expend a lot of energy looking one up.

I just can't get into the whole, 'Gee, I really wish I could change calibers 'cuz .223 just won't do the job that a .458 SOCOM will.'

I know, there's a great hue and cry coming from all members of the military wanting to be able to change calibers. Oh, wait .....

And having been saddled with an M-16 for a lot of years (and one war), I can't say it's the absolute most user-friendly platform that's ever come along. Is it easy to shoot? Yes ... lots of people who have never shot a weapon before (including lots of military folk) do well with it. Is it easy to shoot well? Absolutely ... an equal # of military folks can achieve functional competence with it with minimal training.

But is it the best platform, one so fine as for all owners to want an AR lower with interchangable uppers chambered in .223, 300 Whisper/300BLK, 7.62x39, and .458 SOCOM? Since you never know what you might have to shoot?

I just don't get it.

pm

No comments: