ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ATF ruling 82-8

Some folks get-out-of-jail free card:

With respect to the machine gun classification of the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines, under the National Firearms Act, pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 7805(b), this ruling will not be applied to SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines manufactured or assembled before June, 21, 1982.

Huh? You mean to tell me that if I have a particular machinegun manufactured before June 21, 1982, that it's ok?

No $200 tax?

No ATF/FBI background check?

No registry?

Wow ... it's almost like I just made one in my basement or something. Read David's post!

David hits all of the relevant points. If these weapons are machineguns, then why are they not treated like machineguns under the pretty clear laws? Are they not extra-dangerous, requiring the extra controls that machineguns are under? If that's not the case, then why have the '34 NFA?

Seems like the ATF isn't all that concerned with un-registered machineguns out on the street. And if the ATF isn't that concerned with non-registered machinguns, then why can't I have one? Trust me, if I had the disposable income to force a court action about this, I would ... make a Form 1 application to make a machinegun, and then when it's denied, start the ball rolling.

Wonder if I could get Alan Gura in that?!

pm

No comments: