ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Travesty?

Vox Day sends along this link to a father who was wrongly accused:

In November of 2006, I was accused by a family whom we considered our friends, of inappropriately touching their 4 year old daughter during a party out my home. The accusation was ridiculous, as in our house at the time were more than 15 adults. Regardless, I was arrested, placed in jail, released, lost my job, removed from my home for a year, lost all but our closest of friends, and shunned by our neighbors. For the first time in all of my years of living in the US, I have a criminal record. What makes all of this so shocking is I did nothing. There was no evidence beyond the word of a 4-year old girl.
RTWT.

This brings up memories, since there was recently here a case of a kindergarten teacher accused of molestation and sexual assault ..... she was cleared of all 22 counts, and is now counter-suing the authorities and several private citizens.

Plus, my wife works for Georgia DFACS, and we talk about this on occasion. She defends DFACS (naturally!) but understands that there are many in the field who are a bit ... zealous. So my wife would completely understand when I tell her that anyone from DFACS showing up on my door to collect my child had better come with a SWAT team (not that I want a SWAT team to show up at home!)

This incident has also made me much more aware of the fact that there was a young child in class with my daughter who kinda stuck to me. Her father is serving in Iraq (as did I, first time around!) so I have a bit of empathy for her. But after this, I'll be much more circumspect.

pm

No comments: