ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, August 30, 2010

Hmmm. Are we doomed?

I saw this little item at WND:

Ron Tripodo has lived in Canton's Bridgemill subdivision for two years. For most of that time he has been involved in a flagpole fight. The 16-foot tall fixture hasn't flown well with the Bridgemill Homeowners Association.

"I got a letter saying, 'Take your flag down. You can put it in your backyard' and I just refused to do it," Tripodo.

This week, a year and a half after the flag flap started, a Cherokee County judge agreed with Tripodo and denied the suit.

Now, I don't have a problem with anyone flying the flag, right-side up or otherwise. I think the homeowners' association didn't check off all their boxes before they sent that letter.

But I've always wondered why in hell a person would want to live in a subdivision with a HA, and then not want to live by the association rules.

As an amateur radio operator, I've marveled at the same attitude from hams, willingly living under restrictive covenants, and then whining like little babies when they're not allowed to erect towers for their antennas. It's like, rules for thee, but not for me.

Eventually, enough folks will sue HA's until they'll be irrelevant. That's when we'll know that the rule of law is dead!

pm

No comments: