ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, April 19, 2010

Why don't I ever learn

I've been commenting on others' blogs (specifically Uncle's), whereby I indicate that any attempt to enhance the individual's firearm rights is a Good Thing (and something that the NRA is conspiciously not doing), and I used a specific example for the state of GA (where I live).

No sooner had I done so, there was a cacophony of folks telling me that I'd better have a good lawyer and plenty of money if I tried to do what I mentioned.

Now, I'll be the first to acknowledge that I often don't make my points very well. Uncle's post was about Firearms Freedom Acts, how they're mostly doomed to failure (and I agree) and how the NRA is sitting the FFA issue out.

My not-so-well-thought-out point was intended to be that it's fine for the NRA to not get directly involved in the nuts-and-bolts of the upcoming litigation, but it's important for the NRA to show ideological support for the FFA.

Which I predict they won't do.

Here's a sample statement that the NRA could make: "While we whole-heartedly agree with the ideas behind the FFA's, given the current state of commerce clause precedent, the NRA feel that there is little chance for victory in the courts."

See .... that wasn't so hard, was it?

pm

No comments: