ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Health care reform .... market edition

h/t Hot Air

Health care reform is a pretty big issue these days, but not because of the actual health care, but because of how it's paid for:
Instead of pursuing more third-party interventions, we should be removing third parties and reintroducing normal price signals for the health-care market. That would not only reduce costs, but it would also increase supply and make demand more rational:
I've embedded the video here, since I think it's a good one. Read the link for a look at how else this argument can be framed!



I tried to make many of these arguments to a newspaper reporterette who interviewed me a few months ago about the health care debate, but of course, my views didn't really 'fit' the narrative so I just got mentioned as a libertarian who thought the government should stay out. I'd actually be a bit more radical than the Reason piece would be.

pm

No comments: