ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Saturday, December 19, 2009

An AGW experiment

I'm going to show my technical ignorance here, but bear with me.

The AGW fanatics contend that a system as complex and fluid as the earth's climate can affected negatively by the increase in one substance (CO2). I propose a simple experiment.

Take 3 clear, strong boxes that can withstand a complete vacuum (at least for a few minutes). The size of the boxes is flexible, but I'd say a cube at least a yd (ok, a metre!). Provision must be made so that all three boxes can be put outside and receive the same amount of sunlight. What we're building is three identical greenhouses.

Now, pull a vacuum on each of the boxes, refilling them with, respectively, with the same amounts of: 1-normal atmosphere (air) 2-atmosphere with double the normal % of CO2 3-atmosphere with triple the normal % of CO2.

Leave in the sun for a year, monitoring the temperature with the most accurate instruments available.

I'll bet that there's no discernable difference in temp between the boxes.

pm

No comments: