ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another warrior ...

.
... is at peace:
I’m saddened to learn this morning that Siobhan Reynolds died over the weekend in a plane crash.

I met Reynolds several years ago when I attended a forum on Capitol Hill on the under-treatment of pain. Her story about her husband’s chronic pain was so heartbreaking it moved me to take an interest in the issue. I eventually commissioned and edited a paper on the DEA and pain treatment while I was working for Cato.

Reynolds was fierce and tireless. She ran her advocacy group the Pain Relief Network on a thin budget, and often used her own money to travel to towns and cities where she felt prosecutors were unfairly targeting a doctor. And then she’d fight back. And sometimes she’d win. And the DEA and the federal prosecutors she fought weren’t really accustomed to that.

She tried to get the government out of the doctor-patient relationship as it regards pain management, and they fought her tooth and nail.

Bastards. May peace be upon you, Siobhan.

pm

No comments: