ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, April 11, 2011

Campus carry in TX hits roadblock

But that tactic worked so well for Colin Goddard:

"I want to give law-abiding citizens a reasonable means of defense beyond duck and hide," Wentworth said when debate began.

Law-abiding citizens ...

Not feeble, scared sheep ... citizens.

Maybe it's time we started using Rush Limbaugh's tactic of demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. To wit:

Sen Wentworth: My esteemed colleagues. I rise today to announce my waivering as to sponsoring this bill. It has come to my attention, brought by the opposition, that the law-abiding student-citizens of Texas, unlike the student-citizens of Utah, simply cannot be trusted with the carrying of concealed firearms.

Despite Utah student-citizens compiling an enviable record over the past (?) years of licensed students carrying firearms on campus, the horrible tendencies for firearms to exert mind control over their owners, leaving death and destruction (not to mention leaving the streets like a river of blood), is simply too great for this body to allow TX students who are licensed by the state to carry on TX campuses.

While my default position on these types of matters is one of giving a citizen the benefit of a sound mind, especially when he has already demonstrated that fact to the state, I must conclude that the evil, mind-controlling power of a properly and legally carried handgun is one that the students of TX colleges are not equipped to handle.

I regret that I must reconsider my position.

Now, a real wordsmith could do a much better job than I coming up with a rational speech using all of the lefts' misrepresentations regarding campus carry.

I think it's called framing the debate.

We should try it sometime.

pm

No comments: