ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Monday, February 21, 2011

More on Open Carry ...

Robb Allen's been doing yoemans' work on this particular issue, since he's trying to help get OC legal in his state of Florida. He's also been the most level-headed of all the bloggers I read:

So, let’s have discussions on the merits of OC from a social perspective. We can even discuss the tactical differences. But let’s not combine the two because they are different beasts. Also, this goes for me and the pro-OC guys & gals just as well, we shouldn’t try to use the social to justify the tactical or vice versa. They’re separate.

In the end, I want you to be able to wear your Deagle on a chest rig if you want, or pocket your P3AT in your cargo shorts. The choice is yours and shouldn’t be made by politicians, bureaucrats, or committees. And as gun owners, I wish we’d spend the same amount of effort we do chastising each other for differences in how we handle things into pestering our misrepresentatives to get the laws changed.

Robb is much nicer than I am.

It's my opinion that in this particular incident, the anti-OC folks are arrogant Fudds, intent on letting us know in no uncertain terms of their inherent superiority about all things firearms-ish and political. And in true liberal-progressive fashion, they want us to conform to their view of the world, at the point of the states' gun if need be.

Sorry, I won't play.

Are shotguns normally seen in a library? No, and it's likely that some were a bit frightened by that. I'll concede that. But second guessing why he carried a shotgun? Srsly?? I have neither the inclination nor the right to tell you how, when or what to carry while going about your business. You want to hump around a patrol rifle? Fine by me ... you'll learn that it's really not all it's cracked up to be. Carry an MP5? Sure, why not?!

But you wanna tell me that I can't? No thanks.

pm

No comments: