ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why are the violent ...

... so anti-gun. It's an excellent meme:

A letter to the editor of The Columbus Dispatch, written in response to that newspaper's negative take on Ohio's restaurant carry legislation (SB239) has earned the man who wrote it a death threat.
Uncle's commenters make a few excellent points, but one I have to take issue with.

If I were the gentleman who was threatened, I would be hell-bent on identifying who it was that had threatened me. For you see, a threat is one element of the self-defense trifecta, namely - Jeopardy (Jeopardy, Ability, and Opportunity). A reasonable man can reasonably infer that, even though the threatener didn't say " I'm going to shoot you", the thought that he hopes you or your family gets shot is reasonable Jeopardy (to me).

Once I know who threatened me, I'm going to get a restraining order taken out (yes, I know that a restraining order won't keep you from being harmed). I'm also going to make a LOT of noise to find out if this person owns weapons (to establish the Ability or lack thereof, and to ridicule the hypocrasy). I'm also going to try to work that into the restraining order (taking into account the reasonable effective range of any weaponry) as to distance he needs to stay away.

I'm also probably going to make it known that if I see said individual closer than X feet, I'll take that as Opportunity, and act accordingly.

You see, it's my opinion that those malcontents who would threaten firearm owners need to be held to strict account for their actions. They may think that making idle threats is ok, but we need to show them that it's not.

After all, if one of us threatened one of them, they'd do the same thing, right?

pm

No comments: