ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Friday, June 18, 2010

NRA doubles down

Wrote about this one yesterday. Rumors floating around the internet seemed to suggest that the NRA were reconsidering their pragmatic decision.

Fat fucking chance.

The NRA has doubled down on their decision to sit this bill out, now that they've secured an exemption from it, but in the press release, they start using what I consider to be untrue statements.

Unfortunately, critics of our position have misstated or misunderstood the facts
I wish this were true, and it was all a misunderstanding. Alas, no one has misstated or misunderstood the facts. We know that the NRA were never going to support this bill, and to my kn
owledge, no one has alleged that. Rather, we thought that since they initially thought is was such a bad bill that they would at least oppose it .... and they did .... until they were offered an exemption.

Only them.

This bill would force us to choose between training our men and women in uniform and exercising our right to free political speech.

As I posted a Sebastian's, this statement
is akin to the Democrats claiming that Republicans want senior citizens to have to choose between buying medicine or eating dog food. This is an unconscionable stretch, especially for the NRA.

The press release prattles on and on ...... and only gets worse.

I'll definitely give the NRA mad props for looking out for their members; I'll take them to task for their 'ends justifies the means' strategy.

pm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Training LEOs? don't we spend enough TAXPAYER dollars doing that? Is this what my membership pays for?

NRA sent me my renewal. I am sending it back, saying that since cops are more important to them than the mass of civilians who are the main membership. With this mindset, there gun rights focus will be on officer safety, aka as screw john q. public.

Fuck the NRA