ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This didn't have to happen

Another example of subjects not respecting authoritah:

A routine visit by a U.S. Census Worker on Thursday evening turned deadly when Yuba City police officers shot and killed a woman they said had first threatened the worker with a gun, then later confronted officers with a shotgun.

Now Yuba City, being outside of Sacramento (not to mention in CA) probably doesn't have quite the culture of citizens owning firearms as my neck of the woods. But anytime I answer my door, I'm likely to have my pistol on me, if not in my hand (depending on the hour of the day).

Here's something the po-po and the census need to learn, and quickly (though they probably won't): just because you're from the government or have a badge doesn't mean that you're automatically right, and some folks will resist you.

Census workers need to understand that once someone doesn't want to play their reindeer games, they need to let it be - no amount of gum-flapping is going to change that. Once you see a firearm pointed at you, politely apologize for the intrusion, and let them know that you (or anyone else) won't be back to bother them, and then leave them the fuck alone.

pm

No comments: