ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hadn't heard this

I'd heard about the executive order, I just hadn't heard about the push-back:

Responding to an executive order by President Obama, a new push is under way for states to adopt laws limiting the use of their National Guard units unless there is an invasion, insurrection or other limited circumstance.

This may be old news, but it's the first I've heard.

I recently was discussing politics on Facebook, noting that the 17th amendment should be repealed. Someone took exception to that notion, and I had to explain basic civics about senators representing the states in a representative republic.

It's a shame that states must petition the feds for their own authority.

pm

No comments: