ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Damn!

.
This guy is good:

The gallows structure seems to be complete. There are four square holes under a single beam. Workers are screwing down some hardware for traps not yet installed. The grim work of execution will be done in two shifts, on consecutive mornings. I shall outlive Dennis by twenty-four hours. At times like this, I almost wish I believed in an afterlife, like those fools deluded by the opiate of religion. The only afterlife I shall achieve is what I am writing on the pages of this spiral notebook, and they will be cold comfort in the ground. To come so far, to get so close, and then to be consigned to oblivion—it just seems so damned unfair, after three generations of dedicated struggle.

Matt Bracken has another essay up at Western Rifle Shooters ... kind of a companion to the last one.

Read it!

I especially liked Rule 308!

pm

No comments: