ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A interesting discussion ...

`
... about castle doctrine:

The woman pointed it at the intruder as he stood with his back to a wall, according to police. The woman's friend helped her steady the gun and point it.

"I told you if you came back, I was gonna kill you," she said before fatally shooting him, according to police reports.

St. Louis police sought second-degree murder charges against the woman and the man. But prosecutors declined to file them, citing the castle doctrine.

That's because prosecutors know when they've got a lemon on their hands. I know I wouldn't vote to convict, and if I were on the grand jury, I'd No True that sucker quick.

This seems to be more of a rural vs urban thing to me. Where I live (rural) there would be hardly a tear shed if a man, having twice violated a protective order, was put down (yes, I said Put Down).

Up here on the mountain, we understand the concept of logical consequences; if you fuck with someone, there's a possibility that they may fuck with you right back, only harder. Urban dwellers don't seem to see things that way, expecting the police to magically 'be there in time'. I understand that the deputy sheriff may be pretty far away and I will be expected to handle things myself until he gets there.

I won't want to, but I will if I have to ... up to and including deadly force.

pm

5 comments:

Sean D Sorrentino said...

I can see now why no one wants me as the Sheriff. There I'd be at the press conference.

"If a lady tells you that if you come back, she'll kill you, don't come back!"

"No, of course we aren't going to press charges. He was a thug, violating a restraining order, who broke into her house and assaulted her. Frankly he deserved to die and I'm glad that the ambulance didn't get there in time to save his worthless life."

"Now you're stuck on stupid."

Honestly, I don't think all the fine folks would like my attitude. I'm sure that the regular, honest folks would like me just fine.

The Packetman said...

If it's any consolation Sean, I'd vote for you!

Robert Fowler said...

I would too. We need a few sheriffs with that kind of attitude.

Larry said...

Franklin County is in the market for a new Sheriff.

Just sayin'...

Old NFO said...

Yep, good call... :-)