ammo for sale All commissions earned are donated directly to the Second Amendment Foundation

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My take on the Matthew Snyder case

Yesterday, the Supreme Court handed down it's ruling in the case where Matthew Snyder's parents sued Westboro Baptist Church.

They found for Westboro.

Take a look at Justice Alito's dissent (I regret I don't have a link); he goes into much greater detail about why the Snyder's should prevail (or, rather, why Westboro's speech should be limited). I agree, but on much more simple grounds.

If the Westboro Baptist Church want's to assemble to peaceably petition the government, that's fine. But be advised, the government ain't at the funeral home or cemetary. If Westboro (or anyone else) comes around a funeral I'm involved with ...

Expect some violence.

pm

No comments: